Friday, August 3, 2007

Christian Nudity?

I've been reading the Nashville Scene faithfully now for the past 5 weeks. It's been mostly good stuff. But today, I was at Shane's Rib Shack. I went to pick up a copy and I stopped; frozen. On the cover was a drawing of two naked people; and the cover read:
Naked Before God: Christian nudists hit the church - and the hot tub - for three days of wet and wild worship in the backwoods of Tennessee.

Wha???

I really didn't know what to make of this. At first I think I was kind of upset; I thought, "Oh great, what kinds of craziness are they going to say about the church in here. And then I felt ashamed to pick it up and read it. And then I thought I was being silly. Because like I said, I have been reading for the past few weeks.

So I read it; and well... I don't know what to say. It was an interesting read. It reminded me of a roommate I had in Bible College who loved to get naked. He didn't do it often, but I guess he did it often enough. And we'd have these conversations about nudity. And he had some interesting views.

Anyway, click here to read the article. Let me know what you think.

No comments: