Wednesday, May 9, 2007

1O God, You are my God; I shall seek You earnestly;
My soul thirsts for You, my flesh yearns for You,
In a dry and weary land where there is no water.
2Thus I have seen You in the sanctuary,
To see Your power and Your glory.
3Because Your lovingkindness is better than life,
My lips will praise You.
4So I will bless You as long as I live;
I will lift up my hands in Your name.
5My soul is satisfied as with marrow and fatness,
And my mouth offers praises with joyful lips.
6When I remember You on my bed,
I meditate on You in the )night watches,
7For You have been my help,
And in the shadow of Your wings I sing for joy.
8My soul clings to You;
Your right hand upholds me.
9But those who seek my life to destroy it,
Will go into the depths of the earth.
10They will be delivered over to the power of the sword;
They will be a prey for foxes.
11But the king will rejoice in God;
Everyone who swears by Him will glory,
For the mouths of those who speak lies will be stopped.

This is probably my favorite Psalm (Psalm 63). I like the Psalms because they have a lot of poetic imagery and also they seem to convey a great sense of passion. I was reminded of this one today because I was thinking about my theme that I gave myself at the beginning of the year: Run For It! And I thought, am I still doing it? I'd say yes, except that I must have started running without stretching or without getting some water. And then I thought of this passage. I remember a time when I thought to myself, "I totally could have written Psalm 63." But nowadays I don't seem to be that guy. What happened to that guy? The passionate, poetic Greg? The one that thirsts for God? The one who drinks for refreshment and enjoyment and not the guy who is barely hanging on thanks to being fed intravenously...Gotta get back to that....

Anyway, I just got back yesterday. I flew to Austin, TX. My friend Alison picked me up and we ate at Kerby Lane. I ate something wrong there; I didn't feel right the entire rest of the day and night. I think it was those fries. I have to trust my gut for real next time. Met Liz and Chris. Very nice people. Anyway from there, we drove, or rather Alison drove me to Houston so I could see Club of the Sons & Mute Math. Those are good bands, by the way.

Then afterwards, I hitched a ride with Club to the next show in New Orleans. Something I have enjoyed being around New Orleans people has been a pride for the city. They are always trying to show me their favorite things about the city and wanting me to get the New Orleans experience. Every time. And sometimes there is even a hint of disappointment when I say that I've been here before or done something before because they want the joy of showing me something for the first time. That's really cool to me. So, I saw the show in New Orleans, and then hitched a ride back here to Nashville. It was fun times, but I was so tired when I got back here.

What was the worst part??? I missed Heroes and 24 this week.

Anyway, pray for me as I now am looking for a new apartment or new living situation. My lease is up in September. I could stay here if my income situation changes. but we'll see.

Much love,
Greg

No comments: