Monday, December 3, 2007

I am up EARLY! It's a rare occasion. I hope everyone can enjoy it!

I was out and about this weekend. And I saw this guy; he looked really familiar. So I am trying to look at him without looking...you know? Trying to figure out who the guy is. He dressed pretty nicely. Had the stubble look going. I could swear I had seen this guy before. I couldn't put my finger on it. I thought, "Do I know this guy? or is he famous?" Well, I finally figured it out later. It was this guy.



Or at least it was someone who looked exactly like him. And I am thinking, where do I know this guy from? And I was just racking my brain trying to figure it out. Well, I don't watch a lot of TV shows (except for one that I will mention later) and I normally watch a lot of movies but I haven't seen any new ones in a while. So what's he from?

Okay, so he was in Sweet Home Alabama. Pretty ok movie, watched it with my sister. But isn't he in something else? IMDB-time! Oh, sweet! He was in Can't Buy Me Love. Remember that movie? OH, ok. I've heard this name before...this guy is McDreamy....

and I thought, who comes up with that name? McDreamy? You know that's a TV character name. I had to do some research to find out that this isn't the guy's actual name on the show. Thank goodness.

So what's up with Grey's Anatomy? Actually, I have seen one episode. I can't remember what happened in it. I just remember that one of the characters seemed to do strange things...with guys. I think she was one of McDreamy's women. (Just saying that name or typing it makes me laugh. I mean, seriously.) Ok, her name in the show is Meredith. All you Grey watchers, does she get around a lot in the show? Is she the missing cast member from Sex and the City? Is she a recurring guest star in Desparate Housewives? What's her deal?

I guess it's fitting that she ends up with a guy named McDreamy. So did he name himself that? or is that her pet name for the guy? It's such a made for TV name. It's just a step down from Ben Dover. But I can't make fun. My favorite show Heroes has a character named Hiro...







Which brings me to my next point. Tonight is the last episode of Heroes. Indefinitely until the strike is over. I am so saddened by this. Heroes is one of the greatest shows I have ever seen. I can believe that there is a strike. I was hoping that my favorite show wouldn't be affected. When will there be a new show after this? Who knows?! But make no mistake, I don't blame the creators of this wonderful show.

I am siding with the Writers Guild of America.

I guess everyone is entitled to their own opinion. And I understand that the general public isn't always going to get the best and most accurate information about the real details of a situation. But I just plain think the writers are right on this one.

Most of you know that I am making plans to enter the profession of acting. Full time as soon as it allows. This sort of situation would affect me. It affects all people in the industry. In my quest to become an actor who makes a living off the craft, I know the concept of residuals. I respect that part of the business.

It's not as easy as just saying to writers to go get a job. I am a firm believer in doing what you are passionate about (even though I currently work at FedEx; but those who know; know that I am miserable). And it's not as easy as just firing the writers who are on strike and then hiring new writers; because then THOSE writers will be paid unfairly also. I say unfairly because SOMEONE is being paid lots of money and increasingly more money as the industry grows through internet and DVDs. So if someone is getting paid; why not everyone who is involved?

I think it's inaccurate to call it greed on the writers part because people are making money off of what they do. Ah, I could go on and on about this. But check out this video.




No comments: