Sunday, February 18, 2007

I want to care

When I was in college, people used to ask me for prayer requests. And I had a list of things, and then I had a list of people I wanted to pray for. These lists were actual written down lists of prayer issues that I had in my dorm. Eventually I named my prayer list, "Greg's Prayer Package." It was easy to remember for me. And it actually helped me keep these prayer requests in mind. People especially. I would mainly pray for people who had asked me for prayer or for people who I probably wouldn't pray for themselves. I kept this up for a while. People would always ask me, "How's the Greg Prayer Package?"

One day I quit. I think someone convinced me that I was just doing this to appear more spiritual. And that by praying for my friends and for people that wouldn't otherwise, that I was somehow looking down on them. Well, I believed it for a moment. But after that, I stopped praying. So that was no good. I think that is what my enemy wanted all along.

I still pray for people when asked. But my regular prayer life hasn't been the same since I ended the "prayer package." I am going to start that up again. I just want to have a better prayer life again. However, also I just want to care for people again. So, how can I pray for you?

No comments: