Wednesday, December 27, 2006

Pursuit of...Cookie Dough Bites

So I went to see Pursuit of Happyness on Monday night. It was very painful to watch because of the story, but I must say that it's really good. I think that Will Smith should get an Oscar for it. Mainly because his character was believable. The movie brought tears to my eyes. No joke.

However, the true story of Christmas night happened at the Concession stand. You see, there is only one snack that I enjoy at the movie theaters: Chocolate Covered Cookie Dough Bites. Now some theaters have them and some don't. It seems like a seasonal thing. I don't know. So I walk to the counter and ask if they have them. They say no. Well, I don't like to make a plan B when I want Cookie Dough Bites; so I was standing there thinking and waiting. I was a half hour early for the movie. So I had some time to decide. So I am looking around and I see a sign that says "We appreciate All of your comments!" And I thought, you know what...I have a comment that this place needs to appreciate: They need to be selling Chocolate Covered Cookie Dough Bites! Let me preface by saying that they weren't sold out. They just didn't carry them; I'd say that this is due to negligence of the true needs and wants of the moviegoers and patrons. So I walk over to the comment box to make a comment. And they are out of comment cards. I still have time before the movie and my appetite isn't going to be satisfied by some other candy, so i walk back to the ticket counter and ask if I can receive a comment card. She said she wouldn't get one in just a minute. Well then it got really busy and I am just standing there. I was talking to a ticket taker named Nate; I told him my concerns and he agreed. He didn't know what their problem was. I didn't know either.
So now this other lady decides that since i've been waiting for 20 minutes; I should be helped so she goes back to the back to find a comment card. A few minutes later, she returns to tell me that they are all out of comment cards. Well I hope it's because people have been exercising their right to request Chocolate Covered Cookie Dough Bites! But she says it was probably a bunch of kids that cleaned them out. I didn't go out of my way to make my case known to some night shift people who didn't share my passion enough to pass this along to a manager; so I took the manager's number down and I am thinking of calling. Anyway, there you have it.


RISK more than others think is safe
CARE more than others think is wise
DREAM more than others think is practical
EXPECT more than others think is possible

No comments: